Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) Status for Russia and U.S.-Russian Economic Ties Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) Status for Russia and U.S.-Russian Economic Ties
Author: Cooper, William H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in International Trade and Finance
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-06-13
- Content Description: This report discusses the issues surrounding whether or not the U.S. should grant Russia permanent normal trade relations (PNTR) following its accession into the World Trade Organization (WTO). The change in Russia's trade status will require legislation to lift the restrictions of Title IV of the Trade Act of 1974 as they apply to Russia, which includes the "freedom-of-emigration" requirements of the Jackson-Vanik amendment.
- Physical Description: 9 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Trade
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Normal trade relations - Russia - Law and legislation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International trade
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: Russia
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS21123
- Accession or Local Control No: RS21123_2012Jun13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87368