Agriculture Biotechnology: Background and Recent Issues Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Agriculture Biotechnology: Background and Recent Issues
Author: Cowan, TadlockCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Natural Resources and Rural Development
Author: Becker, Geoffrey S.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Agriculture Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-02-13
- Content Description: This report discusses issues regarding the impacts of GE crops on the environment and food safety, and whether GE foods should be specially labeled. Underlying these issues is the question of whether U.S. regulation and oversight of biotechnology—with responsibilities spread primarily among the U.S.
- Physical Description: 35 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Environmental protection
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural pollution
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agricultural chemicals
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL32809
- Accession or Local Control No: RL32809_2009Feb13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87293