Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Gloves
Manufacturer: ArisCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Aris was established 1910; ca. 1969 became Aris Isotoner; in 1997 merged with Totes to become Isotoner.
Donor: Vintage Martini (Carrollton, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
Donor: Weber, KenContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1922
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of gloves of ivory colored leather. On back of each glove is a stitched swirl design of 5 ribs. The gloves widen to end with piped hems, and extend to about mid-forearm. Appears to be a youth size. Stamped inside gloves: A) "ARIS" logo in hemisphere; "U.S. Pat. / Aug. 22'22"; and with various stamped numbers inside the glove for sewing and matching pieces. B) "5 3/4"; "U.S. Pat. / Sept 19'22 / Made in Germany"; and with various stamped numbers inside the glove for sewing and matching pieces.
- Physical Description: Length: 27cm; Width: 11cm
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Gloves (Handwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Needlework
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1922
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2012.005.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87118