Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sandals
Designer: Valentino, MarioCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Radakovich, KristinContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 2009
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of sandals made of metallic cobalt blue leather. Two thick straps extend from sides and meet to form vamp/throat with surmounting bow. A single strap extends up from sole at heel and is topped by strap to encircle ankle. Strap secures with single silver tear-shaped buckle. Spike heel is 4" high, and covered with same blue leather. Inset black label on sole with maker's mark embroidered in silver: "Mario Valentino / Made in Italy" Molded into sole: "Mario / Valentino" Stamped into sole: Outline of a hide containing words: "Vero Cuoio / Cuir / Veritable / Leather / Leder Echt"; "Made in Italy"; "39"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Sandals (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 2009
- Place Name: Italy
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2011.027.013
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87116