Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
Donor: Dooley, SueCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dooley, Sue (b. 1916 - d. Garland, Texas, USA, 1989; worked in Dallas, Texas, USA)
Donor: Estate of Lois WatsonContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1960/1969
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox hat of draped chiffon burnout velvet. Cylindrical large pillbox hat with shaped lower rim. The crown is draped/pleated horizontally in a chiffon burnout velvet with printed abstract designs burnt orange, yellow, and blue. Lined in a brocaded blue and sparkly fabric. At lower inside edge is band of gold rickrack. Designer's label inside rim at back: "Sue Dooley / Dallas"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 22 cm front to back; 21 cm. side to side; 10 cm. from top of crown to lowest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1969
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2004.006.046
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc87083