Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shoes
Retailer: Volk BrothersContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Knott, RobertContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1915
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of black peau de soie heeled shoes. Slightly pointed rounded toe, with an oval openwork area at the throat of the vamp which simulates a buckle. These "buckles" are set with simulated black jet and cut steel beads. The 2 3/8" modified French heel is covered in black peau de soie. Marked on leather sole: "VOLK"; Stamped inside right shoe: "VOLK / DALLAS"; Notation inside each shoe: "172 / 5931 / 2355"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 25 cm. long; 7.8 cm. at widest; 12.5 cm. at highest; Heel: 6 cm. (2 3/8") high on axis with cap.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1915
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.004.082
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc86997