Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Boots
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Manufacturer: Krippendorf, Dittmann & Co.Creator Type: Organization
Donor: Lehmann, Mrs. Charles L.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: [1880..1915]
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of boots or "High Button Shoes" of black leather. The shoes, designed with rounded toes, button closed along outer side, with 14 domed black glass buttons on each shoe. The low, stacked heels are rounded at sides and back, and are curved at front, and taper slightly to base. Maker's label stamped inside: "The Krippendorf / Dittmann Co. / Cincinnati" Stamped on sole: "3 36" Stamped inside: "36 3 14522"
- Physical Description: Measurements: Length 22cm. Width 7.5cm. Height 20cm. Heel 4cm, 1.5in.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Boots (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: [1880..1915]
- Place Name: United States - Ohio - Hamilton County - Cincinnati
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.020.047
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc86985
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.