An Empirical Modification of Nucleation Theory and Its Application to Boiling Heat Transfer Page: 34 of 38
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
1. Nukiyama, S., J. Soc. Mech. Engrs. (Japan) 37, 367 (1934).
2. Rohsenow, W. M., A Method of Correlating Heat Transfer Data for
Surface Boiling of Liquids, Trans. ASME, 74, 969 (1952).
3. Forster, H. K. and Grief, R., Heat Transfer to Boiling Liquids -
Mechanism and Correlations, J. Heat Transfer, ASME (Feb. 1959).
4. Levy, S., Generalized Correlation of Boiling Heat Transfer, ASME
Paper No. 58-HT-8 (1958).
5. Chang, Y. P. and Snyder, N. W., Heat Transfer in Saturated Boiling,
Chem. Eng. Prog. Symposium Ser., 55, No. 29 (1960).
6. Jakob, M., Heat Transfer, John Wiley and Sons (1949), p. 624.
7. Gunther, F. C. and Kreith, F., Photographic Study of Bubble Forma-
tion in Heat Transfer to Subcooled Water, Heat Transfer and Fluid
Mechanics Institute, Berkeley (1949), p. 113.
8. Rohsenow, W. M. and Clark, J. A., A Study of the Mechanism of
Boiling Heat Transfer, Trans. ASME, 73, 609 (1951).
9. Ellion, M. E., A Study of the Mechanism of Boiling Heat Transfer,
Memo. No. 20-88, Jet Prop. Lab., California Inst. of Technology,
10. Edward, D. K., The Role of Interface Mass Transfer, Thesis M.S.,
University of California, Berkeley (1956).
11. Volmer, M. and Weber, A., Keimbildung in Ubersattigten Gibilden,
Z. Phys. Chem. 119, 277 (1925).
12. Eyring, H., Viscosity, Plasticity, and Diffusion as Examples of Absolute
Reaction Rate, J. Chem. Phys., 4, 283 (1936).
13. Frenkel, J., Kinetic Theory of Liquids, Oxford Press, (1946), Ch. VII.
14. Bankoff, S. G., The Prediction of Surface Temperatures at Incipient
Boiling, Chem, Eng. Prog. Symposium Series 29, 55 (1959).
15. Griffith, P. and Wallis, J. W., The Role of Surface Conditions in
Nucleate Boiling, Ch. Eng. Prog. Sym. Series 30, 56 (1960).
16. Harrison, W. B. and Levine, Z., Wetting Effects on Boiling Heat Trans-
fer, ASME Paper No. 57-HT-29 (1957).
17. Jens, W. H. and Lottes, P. A., Analysis of Heat Transfer, Burnout,
Pressure Drop and Density Data for High Pressure Water, ANL-4627,
18. Gaertner, R. F. and Westwater, J. W., Population on Active Sites in
Nucleate Boiling Heat Transfer, Ch. Eng. Prog. Sym. Series 30, 56
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Chang, Y. P. An Empirical Modification of Nucleation Theory and Its Application to Boiling Heat Transfer, report, February 1, 1961; United States. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc863296/m1/34/: accessed May 20, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.