The Action of Action Research: An Analysis of Action Research Projects Completed in the UNT/Denton ISD PDS Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Action of Action Research: An Analysis of Action Research Projects Completed in the UNT/Denton ISD PDS
- Series Title University Scholars Day
Author: Potter, CodiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas; Undergraduate Research Fellow
Contributor: Tunks, Jeanne L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Faculty Mentor; email@example.com
Sponsor: University of North Texas. Honors College.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: University of North Texas. Honors College.Place of Publication: [Denton, Texas]
- Creation: 2012-04-19
- Embargoed Until: 2014-04-19
- Content Description: This paper discusses an analysis of action research projects completed in the UNT/Denton Independent School District (ISD). Action research is the inquiry part of a Professional Development School (PDS) model that all UNT elementary education, pre-service teacher/student interns complete with mentor teachers during student teaching.
- Physical Description: 20 p.
- Keyword: action research
- Keyword: professional development schools
- Keyword: teaching
- Keyword: Denton
- Journal: The Eagle Feather, 2012, Denton: University of North Texas. Honors College
- Publication Title: The Eagle Feather
- Issue: 2012
- Volume: 9
- Peer Reviewed: True
- Is Version Of: The Action of Action Research: An Analysis of Action Research Projects Completed in the UNT/Denton ISD PDS [Presentation], ark:/67531/metadc93274
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT Honors CollegeCode: UNTHON
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.12794/tef.2012.121
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc86181
- Academic Department: Teacher Education and Administration
- Embargo Note: This item has a 2 year embargo period. For more information on this item or to inquire about obtaining a copy, please contact the authors directly.
- Display Note: Abstract: Action research is the inquiry part of a Professional Development School (PDS) model that all UNT elementary education, pre-service teacher/student interns complete with mentor teachers during student teaching. Approximately 300 projects were completed across four years in the Denton PDS. The 300 projects were examined to determine the trends in action research. Due to the qualitative nature of the study, there were no hypotheses, only assumptions that there were trends. The method used to examine the projects employed qualitative analysis techniques using the electronic program NVIVO. The results indicated that there were trends in questions that tended toward behavioral and transition issues in the classroom. The major research conclusion is that the Denton PDS follows the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) PDS Standards in the categories of "At Standard" and "Leading" in the area of action research implementation.
- Display Note: Ninth Annual University Scholars Day, 2012, Denton, Texas, United States.