Hog Cholera: Prevention and Treatment Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hog Cholera: Prevention and Treatment
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 834
Author: Dorset, M. (Marion)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Chief of the Biochemic Division
Author: Hess, O. B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "In Charge of Office of Hog-Cholera Control."
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Contributor Type: Organization
Author: United States. Bureau of Animal Industry.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: "Contribution from the Bureau of Animal Industry."
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1917
- Content Description: "The Bureau of Animal Industry for many years has made a study of the disease [hog cholera] and finally evolved the 'anti-hog-cholera serum,' which ca be regarded as the only known reliable preventive agent. It is the only agent which has been proved to have curative properties. This serum is now manufactured by several State institutions and by private firms licensed by the Secretary of Agriculture for the purpose. The use of the serum is described fully herein, including treatment of herds, brood sows, young pigs, etc.: 1) confine sick hogs, 2) use serum, 3) employ sanitary measures, 4) disinfect, 5) cooperate." -- p. 2. Also includes a discussion about how to identify infected hogs.
- Physical Description: 32 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Classical swine fever.
- Keyword: methods of disease control
- Keyword: illnesses in swine
- Keyword: illnesses in pigs
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 15356349
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:834
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc85832
- Display Note: Issued August 1917.