Sorghum-Syrup Manufacture Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sorghum-Syrup Manufacture
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture); no. 477 (rev.)
- Alternate Title Sorghum-Sirup Manufacture
Author: Bryan, A. Hugh (Albert Hugh), 1874-1920Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Former Chief, Sugar Laboratory."
Author: Hudson, C. H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Chemist in Charge, Carbohydrate Laboratory."
Author: Sherwood, S. F.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Assistant Chemist, Carbohydrate Laboratory."
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Contributor Type: Organization
Author: United States. Bureau of Chemistry.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1918
- Content Description: Revised edition. "This bulletin describes the varieties of sorghum and tells how to plant, cultivate, and harvest the crop. It gives the methods for manufacturing sorghum syrup, often incorrectly termed sorghum "molasses," with illustrations of the apparatus used. The approximate yields of cane, of syrup, and of sorghum seed are given. Economic considerations as to the location and arrangement of a sorghum-syrup plant, fuel used, the by-products and their uses, and making syrup on shares are set forth. Tables showing the sugar content of juice from typical varieties of sorghum cane and statistics for the yield of syrup by states from 1859 to 1909 are included." -- p. 2
- Physical Description: 38 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sorghum.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Syrups.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Factories.
- Keyword: tables
- Keyword: sorghum products
- Keyword: varieties of sorghum
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 708480109
- SuDoc Number: A 1.9:477/4
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc85697
- Display Note: "Issued February 9, 1912; revised February, 1918." Includes bibliographical references.