[David Clark receiving Olympic sweater] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [David Clark receiving Olympic sweater]
- Creation: 1960-10
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a crowd gathered around David Clark as he is receiving his Olympic sweater. Clark, who finished third at the 1960 U.S. Olympic trials, became the first Texan to ever clear 15 feet, and reached a career-best of 15-feet 3-inches (4.65 meters) that year. He became the first North Texas student-athlete to compete in the Olympics. While at North Texas, Clark broke the program's pole vault record three times, and he was a two-time Missouri Valley Conference pole vault champion in 1959 and 1960. He was inducted into the North Texas Athletic Hall of Fame in 1988. Clark is part of the 2015 Texas Track & Field Hall of Fame Induction Class.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 6 x 6 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: University of North Texas -- Photographs.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of North Texas
- Keyword: UNT
- Keyword: college campuses
- Keyword: North Texas State College
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Olympic athletes.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Olympics.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Schools - Students
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Track and Field
- Named Person: Clark, David
- Keyword: pole vault
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
Name: University Photography CollectionCode: UNTPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_U0458-107-914-07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc856857