Navy Lasers, Railgun, and Hypervelocity Projectile: Background and Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Navy Lasers, Railgun, and Hypervelocity Projectile: Background and Issues for Congress
Author: O'Rourke, RonaldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Naval Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2016-06-17
- Content Description: This report provides background information and issues for Congress on three potential new weapons that could improve the ability of Navy surface ships to defend themselves against enemy missiles--solid state lasers (SSLs), the electromagnetic railgun (EMRG), and the hypervelocity projectile (HVP).
- Physical Description: 45 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Navy -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Air defenses
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Antimissile missiles
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Advanced weapons
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R44175
- Accession or Local Control No: R44175_2016Jun17
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc855910