Title IX, Sex Discrimination, and Intercollegiate Athletics: A Legal Overview Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Title IX, Sex Discrimination, and Intercollegiate Athletics: A Legal Overview
Author: Feder, JodyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney, American Law Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-05-24
- Content Description: This report provides an overview of Title IX in general and of the intercollegiate athletics regulations in particular. It includes a summary of the report issued by the Commission on Opportunity in Athletics and the Department of Education's (ED's) response with a discussion of recent legal challenges to the regulations and to the three-part test.
- Physical Description: 20 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Civil rights
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Sex discrimination
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Higher education
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL31709
- Accession or Local Control No: RL31709_2004May24
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc855734