Newsmap for the Armed Forces : Demobilization Program. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap for the Armed Forces : Demobilization Program.
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 4, no. 23
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 24 September, 1945 : week of 11 September to 18 September
- Added Title Demobilization Program : A Summary of Official Announcements Made Through 2 September 1945
- Added Title Shoulder Insignia of United States Army Combat Divisions
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, [New York].
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution, Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: [New York, N.Y.]
- Creation: 1945-09-24
- Digitized: 2006-04-30
- Content Description: Front: Maps: Silhouette maps of Japan and Korea, U.S., and Germany and Austria help illustrate the distribution of men in the Army as of 1 July 1946. Back: Text and color illustrations show various shoulder insignia of United States Army combat divisions with a partial list of their combat locations (World War II).
- Physical Description: 3 maps on 1 sheet : some col. ; sheet 90 x 120 cm. ; scales vary
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- Armed Forces -- Insignia -- Pictorial works.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. Army -- Demobilization -- 1945 -- Posters.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1945-09-11
- End Date: 1945-09-23
- Place Name: Germany
- Place Name: Austria
- Place Name: North Korea
- Place Name: South Korea
- Place Name: Japan
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60844606
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:4/23
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc853
- Display Note: Front: "Volume IV No. 23F" "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office - 654909" Listed in 1946 Monthly Catalog, p. 136. Back: "Volume IV No. 23B"
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K