Analysis of a Lifting Fixture to Hold a Steel Mandrel Horizontally from one End Support Page: 6 of 17
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Appendix - Procedure for removing the carbon fiber cylinder from the mandrels.
1) Inspect all fixtures and lifting devices for damage.
2) Mount the lifting fixture (#3823.1 13-MD-372382)to forklift #10207 or equivalent.
3) Position forklift #10207 at one end of the mandrel while the mandrel is still on the
mandrel stand and secure the wheels to prevent the forklift from moving.
4) Using the mandrel lifting bar as described in the Engineering Note #3823.113 EN-
500 and a second forklift, slightly raise the mandrel out of the mandrel stand. The
slings used should be around the mandrel journals so as not to damage the surface of
the mandrel or carbon cylinder.
5) Using forklift #10207, insert the lifting fixture into the web openings at the end of the
6) Slightly raise the mandrel out of the slings and then loosen the slings from around the
mandrel journals. Do not completely remove the slings.
7) Slide the carbon tube from the mandrel and through the sling.
8) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 in reverse to place the mandrel back in the mandrel stand.
/ttlU~LEL , C9~v ( ,
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Cease, H. Analysis of a Lifting Fixture to Hold a Steel Mandrel Horizontally from one End Support, report, April 7, 1999; Batavia, Illinois. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc843304/m1/6/: accessed November 18, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.