3D deformation field throughout the interior of materials. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 3D deformation field throughout the interior of materials.
Author: Jin, HuiqingCreator Type: Personal
Author: Lu, Wei-YangCreator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. National Nuclear Security Administration.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
Name: Sandia National LaboratoriesPlace of Publication: Livermore, CaliforniaAdditional Info: Sandia National Laboratories (SNL-CA), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Creation: 2013-09-01
- Content Description: This report contains the one-year feasibility study for our three-year LDRD proposal that is aimed to develop an experimental technique to measure the 3D deformation fields inside a material body. In this feasibility study, we first apply Digital Volume Correlation (DVC) algorithm to pre-existing in-situ Xray Computed Tomography (XCT) image sets with pure rigid body translation. The calculated displacement field has very large random errors and low precision that are unacceptable. Then we enhance these tomography images by setting threshold of the intensity of each slice. DVC algorithm is able to obtain accurate deformation fields from these enhanced image sets and the deformation fields are consistent with the global mechanical loading that is applied to the specimen. Through this study, we prove that the internal markers inside the pre-existing tomography images of aluminum alloy can be enhanced and are suitable for DVC to calculate the deformation field throughout the material body.
- Physical Description: 25 p.
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: SAND2013-7824
- Grant Number: AC04-94AL85000
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 1096458
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc842102