SOWFA Super-Controller: A High-Fidelity Tool for Evaluating Wind Plant Control Approaches Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title SOWFA Super-Controller: A High-Fidelity Tool for Evaluating Wind Plant Control Approaches
Author: Fleming, P.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Gebraad, P.Creator Type: Personal
Author: van Wingerden, J. W.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Lee, S.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Churchfield, M.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Scholbrock, A.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Michalakes, J.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Johnson, K.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Moriarty, P.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: Wind and Hydropower Technologies Program (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Wind Power Program
Name: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)Place of Publication: Golden, ColoradoAdditional Info: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO.
- Creation: 2013-01-01
- Content Description: This paper presents a new tool for testing wind plant controllers in the Simulator for Offshore Wind Farm Applications (SOWFA). SOWFA is a high-fidelity simulator for the interaction between wind turbine dynamics and the fluid flow in a wind plant. The new super-controller testing environment in SOWFA allows for the implementation of the majority of the wind plant control strategies proposed in the literature.
- Physical Description: 12 p.
- Keyword: Wind Energy
- STI Subject Categories: 17 Wind Energy Wind Plants
- Keyword: Software Tools
- Keyword: Control Engineering
- Keyword: Wind Plants
- Conference: To be presented at EWEA 2013, 4-7 February 2013, Vienna, Austria
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: NREL/CP-5000-57175
- Grant Number: AC36-08GO28308
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 1068611
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc841987