National 2010-2011 Survey of E85: CRC Project E-85-2 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title National 2010-2011 Survey of E85: CRC Project E-85-2
Author: Alleman, T. L.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: Vehicle Technologies Program (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Vehicle Technologies Program
Name: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)Place of Publication: Golden, ColoradoAdditional Info: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO.
- Creation: 2011-12-01
- Content Description: This study examined the quality of E85 fuel around the country in each of the three volatility classes identified in ASTM D5798-10. Samples were collected from pumps in 21 states between July 2010 and May 2011, with almost 40 samples collected in each class. Parameters tested to assess fuel quality were volatility, ethanol content, water content, acidity, pHe, inorganic chloride and sulfate, and total sulfate. Class 1 samples more often met the volatility specification than samples from other classes, with 67% of the samples collected in this study meeting the specification. Samples in Classes 2 and 3 met the applicable volatility specifications on 43% and 30% of the time, respectively. Compliance with the ethanol specification was almost 90% in all three volatility classes, a significant improvement over previous surveys. Several samples that would have been off-specification for ethanol content under previous versions of the specification now met the specification with the reduction in ethanol content for all classes. A few samples were off-specification for pHe, acidity, water, and inorganic chloride. Few samples were off-specification for more than one property, and samples that were off-specification in one volatility class were not necessarily off-specification in the other two classes.
- Physical Description: 38 p.
- Keyword: Astm Specification
- STI Subject Categories: 02 Petroleum
- Keyword: Chlorides
- Keyword: Flex Fuel Vehicle Fuel
- Keyword: Specifications
- Keyword: Compliance
- Keyword: Gasoline
- Keyword: Astm D5798-10
- Keyword: Blender Pumps
- Keyword: Ethanol
- Keyword: Ph Value
- Keyword: Water Blender Pumps
- STI Subject Categories: 09 Biomass Fuels
- Keyword: Volatility
- Keyword: Transportation
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: NREL/TP-5400-52905
- Grant Number: AC36-08GO28308
- DOI: 10.2172/1032668
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 1032668
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc841668