The United Arab Emirates (UAE): Issues for U.S. Policy Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The United Arab Emirates (UAE): Issues for U.S. Policy
Author: Katzman, KennethCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2011-12-23
- Content Description: This report describes the open economy and society of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as well as U.S. concern over proliferation of advanced technology due to said open economy and the UAE's lax export controls. This report describes these issues in relation to a recently-signed U.S.-UAE civilian nuclear agreement. It also provides a general description of the UAE's government and political structure, as well as the effects of the recent global economic downturn on the UAE in general and on the city of Dubai in particular.
- Physical Description: 23 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government - United Arab Emirates
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Trade
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: export controls
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Business cycles
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Economic policy
- Place Name: United Arab Emirates
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RS21852
- Accession or Local Control No: RS21852_2011Dec23
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc84117