NREL Certifies First All-Quantum-Dot Photovoltaic Cell; Demonstrates Stability, Performance (Fact Sheet) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title NREL Certifies First All-Quantum-Dot Photovoltaic Cell; Demonstrates Stability, Performance (Fact Sheet)
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)Place of Publication: Golden, ColoradoAdditional Info: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO.
- Creation: 2011-02-01
- Content Description: Researchers at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) have certified the first all-quantum-dot photovoltaic cell, which was based on lead sulfide and demonstrated reasonable quantum dot solar cell performance for an initial efficiency measurement along with good stability. The certified open-circuit voltage of the quantum dot cell is greater than that possible from bulk lead sulfide because of quantum confinement.
- Physical Description: 1 pg.
- STI Subject Categories: 77 Nanoscience And Nanotechnology
- STI Subject Categories: 14 Solar Energy
- Keyword: Electric Potential
- Keyword: Pv
- Keyword: Photovoltaic Cells
- Keyword: Solar Cells
- Keyword: National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Keyword: Efficiency
- Keyword: Photovoltaic Cell
- Keyword: Confinement
- Keyword: Chemical And Material Sciences
- Keyword: Lead Sulfides
- Keyword: Quantum Dot
- Keyword: Quantum Dots
- Keyword: Performance
- Keyword: Stability Photovoltaic Cell
- Related Information: NREL Highlights, Science, NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: NREL/FS-5900-50855
- Grant Number: AC36-08GO28308
- DOI: 10.2172/1009296
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 1009296
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc832999