Presidential Vetoes, 1789-Present: A Summary Overview Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Presidential Vetoes, 1789-Present: A Summary Overview
Author: Sollenberger, Mitchel A.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in American National Government, Government and Finance Division
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-04-07
- Content Description: This report discusses the veto power vested in the President by Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution. It provides a general overview and a table of presidential vetoes from 1789-2004, listing the coincident Congresses, regular vetoes, pocket vetoes, total vetoes, and vetoes overridden for each president.
- Physical Description: 3 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Presidents
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Veto
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Executive power
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: 98-148
- Accession or Local Control No: 98-148_2004Apr07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc824807