A New Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the Islamic State: Issues and Current Proposals Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A New Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the Islamic State: Issues and Current Proposals
- Series Title 113th Congress
- Series Title 114th Congress
Author: Weed, Matthew C.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Foreign Policy Legislation
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2016-01-15
- Content Description: This report focuses on several proposals for a new Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) specifically targeting the Islamic State made during the 113th and 114th Congresses. It includes a brief review of existing authorities and AUMFs, as well as a discussion of issues related to various provisions included in existing and proposed AUMFs that both authorize and limit presidential use of military force. Appendices provide a comparative analysis of similar provisions in new AUMFs proposed in the 113th and 114th Congresses. This report will be updated to reflect congressional activity.
- Physical Description: 35 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Terrorism
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Counterterrorism -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: National policy -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Military strategy
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Iraq
- Place Name: Syria
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R43760
- Accession or Local Control No: R43760_2016Jan15
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc824569