Asian Carp and the Great Lakes Region Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Asian Carp and the Great Lakes Region
Author: Buck, Eugene H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Natural Resources Policy
Author: Upton, Harold F.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Natural Resources Policy
Author: Stern, Charles V.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Natural Resources Policy
Author: Nichols, James E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Law Clerk
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-05-25
- Content Description: Four species of non-indigenous Asian carp are expanding their range in U.S. waterways, resulting in a variety of concerns and problems. Three species—bighead, silver, and black carp—are of particular note, based on the perceived degree of environmental concern. This report examines current controversy relating to what measures might be necessary and sufficient to prevent movement of Asian carp from the Mississippi River drainage into the Great Lakes through the Chicago Area Waterway System. Movement of Asian carp into the Great Lakes is ultimately of concern because increased numbers of carp in the Great Lakes increases the risk that Asian carp will establish reproducing populations in these waters. Bills have been introduced in the 111th Congress to direct actions to avoid the possibility of carp becoming established in the Great Lakes.
- Physical Description: 25 Pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Animals
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Fishes
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Freshwater fishes
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- CRS Report Number: R41082
- Accession or Local Control No: R41082_2010May25
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc821970