Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. V-E Day + 4 weeks, 181st week of U.S. participation in the war Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. V-E Day + 4 weeks, 181st week of U.S. participation in the war
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 4, no. 7
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 4 June, 1945 : week of 22 May to 29 May, V-E Day + 4 weeks, 181st week of U. S. participation in the war
- Added Title Paper Bullets
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution, Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.
- Creation: 1945-06-04
- Digitized: 2006-04-26
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action on Okinawa, in Foochow, Tokyo, Mindanao. Maps: Pacific action flares; Okinawa; Foochow; Tokyo; Mindanao. Relief shown by spot heights and hill shading. Back: Paper bullets. Text describes propaganda leaflets as part of psychological warfare. Illustrations and text detail German and Jap Safe-Conduct Surrender Pass instructions.
- Physical Description: 5 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; 40 x 40 cm., or smaller, sheet 89 x 120 cm.; scales vary.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- East Asia -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Northwest, Pacific -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: V-E Day, 1945.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Propaganda.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: East Asia -- History, Military -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Northwest, Pacific -- History, Military -- Maps.
- Keyword: Foochow
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Japan - Okinawa Region - Okinawa Prefecture - Okinawa-shotō Island Group - Okinawa-jima Island - Okinawa
- Place Name: Japan - Kanto Region - Tōkyō Metropolis - Tokyo
- Place Name: China - Fujian Province - Fuzhou
- Place Name: Philippines - Mindanao Island
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Start Date: 1945-05-22
- End Date: 1945-05-29
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 62736037
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:4/7
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc819
- Display Note: Front: "Volume IV No. 7F" "Prepared from public sources of information" "U.S. Government Printing Office, 1944 - 591000" Back: "Volume IV No. 7B" Listed in 1945 Monthly Catalog, p. 811.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight8K