Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. V-E Day + 5 weeks, 182nd week of U.S. participation in the war Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. V-E Day + 5 weeks, 182nd week of U.S. participation in the war
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 4, no. 8
- Added Title Newsmap. Monday, 18 [i.e. 11] June, 1945 : week of 29 May to 5 June, V-E Day + 5 weeks, 182nd week of U. S. participation in the war
- Added Title Ribbons representing decorations and awards : wear them correctly!
Distributor: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch, Army Service Forces, 205 E. 42nd Street, New York 17, N.Y.
Distributor: [United States.] Navy Dept. BuPers. Educational Services SectionContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Navy distribution, Washington, D.C.
Name: [United States.] Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch.Place of Publication: New York, N.Y.
- Creation: 1945-06-11
- Digitized: 2006-04-26
- Content Description: Front: Text describes action in portions of China, Japan, Okinawa and the Philippines. Keyed to map. Map shows Allied and Japanese held areas as of 5 June 1945 in portions of China, French Indo-China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, and the Phillippine Islands. Back: Ribbons representing decorations and awards : wear them correctly! Decorations and awards, and service ribbons are illustrated with detailed instructions and diagrams describing how to wear them correctly.
- Physical Description: 1 map : b&w and blue ; 90 x 120 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- China -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Korea -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: East & Southeast Asia
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1945-05-29
- End Date: 1945-06-05
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 60844566
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:4/8
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc818
- Display Note: Front: "Volume IV No. 8F" "Prepared from public sources of information" "U.S. Government Printing Office, 1944 - 591000" This Newsmap is dated 18 June 1945, but most likely was issued 11 June 1945. Back: "Volume IV no. 8B"
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K