Newsmap : Army Areas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Newsmap : Army Areas
- Series Title Newsmap ; v. 5, no. 3
Distributor: [United States.] Army Information BranchCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Prepared and distributed by Army Information Branch
Name: [United States.] Army Information BranchPlace of Publication: [New York, N.Y.]
- Creation: 1946-06-11
- Digitized: 2006-07-20
- Content Description: Front: Map shows 6 army areas in the U.S as of 11 June 1946. "A troop information program map: 11 June 1946." Back: Graphic chart of the organization of the war department.
- Physical Description: 1 map on 1 sheet : col. ; sheet 89 x 120 cm.; scale not given.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. War Dept.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. Army -- Organization.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- History, Military -- 20th century -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Coverage Date: 1946
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: World War Two NewsmapsCode: NMAP
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 63117976
- Government Documents No.: W 109.207:5/3
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc814
- Display Note: Southern Methodist University's Central University Libraries graciously loaned their copy of this Newsmap for digital imaging. Front: "Volume V No. 3" "Prepared from public sources of information." "U.S. Government Printing Office - 654909" Back: "Volume V No. 3" Listed in 1947 Monthly Catalog, p. 125. On front of poster, "Third Army Area" is shown with the Seventh Army insignia.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K