Restricting Invariants and Arrangements of Finite Complex Reflection Groups Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Restricting Invariants and Arrangements of Finite Complex Reflection Groups
Author: Berardinelli, AngelaCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Douglass, J. MatthewContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Shepler, Anne V.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Brozovic, DouglasContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 2015-08
- Content Description: Suppose that G is a finite, unitary reflection group acting on a complex vector space V and X is a subspace of V. Define N to be the setwise stabilizer of X in G, Z to be the pointwise stabilizer, and C=N/Z. Then restriction defines a homomorphism from the algebra of G-invariant polynomial functions on V to the algebra of C-invariant functions on X. In my thesis, I extend earlier work by Douglass and Röhrle for Coxeter groups to the case where G is a complex reflection group of type G(r,p,n) in the notation of Shephard and Todd and X is in the lattice of the reflection arrangement of G. The main result characterizes when the restriction mapping is surjective in terms of the exponents of G and C and their reflection arrangements.
- Physical Description: iv, 31 pages : illustration
- Keyword: mathematics
- Keyword: algebra
- Keyword: invariant theory
- Keyword: reflection groups
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Invariants.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Finite groups.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Reflection groups.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Berardinelli, Angela
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights Reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc804919
- Academic Department: Department of Mathematics
- Degree Discipline: Mathematics
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Publication Type: disse