Analysis of the Tax Exclusion for Canceled Mortgage Debt Income Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Analysis of the Tax Exclusion for Canceled Mortgage Debt Income
Author: Keightley, Mark P.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Economics
Author: Lunder, ErikaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2015-12-30
- Content Description: This report begins with an overview and analysis of the historical tax treatment of canceled debt income. Next, the changes enacted by recent legislation are reviewed. A discussion of policy options concludes.
- Physical Description: 12 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Taxation
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Income tax
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Tax exclusion
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Mortgages
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Mortgage loans
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL34212
- Accession or Local Control No: RL34212_2015Dec30
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc795924