The Iran Hostages: Efforts to Obtain Compensation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Iran Hostages: Efforts to Obtain Compensation
Author: Elsea, Jennifer K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2015-11-02
- Content Description: This report outlines the history of various efforts relating to benefits for victims of the 1979-1981 Iran Hostage Crisis, and describes several bills currently before Congress: the Justice for Former American Hostages in Iran Act of 2015, S. 868, a companion bill, H.R. 3338, and Section 122 of the Department of State Operations Authorization and Embassy Security Act, Fiscal Year 2016, S. 1635.
- Physical Description: 22 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- Iran -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Iran
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Hostage negotiations
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Hostages
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R43210
- Accession or Local Control No: R43210_2015Nov02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc795779