No Second Amendment Cases for the Supreme Court's 2014-2015 Term...Yet Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title No Second Amendment Cases for the Supreme Court's 2014-2015 Term...Yet
- Series Title CRS Legal Sidebar
Author: Chu, Vivian S.Creator Type: Personal
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2014-10-23
- Content Description: This report discusses the reluctance by the Supreme Court to take cases involving the Second Amendment. Commentators have observed that the Court appears to have become "gun shy" regarding this issue, given that it has not taken up a Second Amendment case since its landmark rulings in District of Columbia v. Heller in 2008 and McDonald v. City of Chicago in 2010.
- Physical Description: 2 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms owners
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Firearms control
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Civil liberties
- Keyword: gun control
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Accession or Local Control No: crs_ls_2014Oct23_second
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc795465