Driving Coat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Driving Coat
- Added Title Duster
Donor: Mattil, Betty MarzanContributor Type: Personal
Donor: Mattil, EdwardContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1900/1914
- No Language
- Content Description: Driving Coat or "Duster" of light tan linen (blend?). Full-length, wide skirted, with high neckline and black collar having wide points at front. Single breasted opening set to left of center, with two hidden small white buttons (1 at throat, one at left collar bone), and five large circular buttons with black outer rims and center of the tan linen. Full-length sleeves with wide turned-back cuffs faced with black and with two non-functioning buttons matching but smaller than opening buttons. Two large patch pockets at hips. Unlined. No labels in garment.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dusters (Outdoor Overgarments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coats (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1900
- End Date: 1914
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1984.001.006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc795338