Covered Jar (Potiche) Decorated with Horsemen and Dogs Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Covered Jar (Potiche) Decorated with Horsemen and Dogs
Owner: Musée Guimet (Paris, France)Contributor Type: Organization
Name: Scholars Resource, Inc.Place of Publication: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Creation: 1522~/1566~
- Digitized: 2008-07-01
- No Language
- Physical Description: 1 covered jar : porcelain ; 36.4 cm.
- Content Description: Covered jar, sometimes called a potiche, is decorated with polychrome horsemen and dogs. White body background decorated with fanciful animals, patterned borders, foliage and flowers with basket weave decoration around the shoulder. Much of the patterns is red with polychrome occuring mostly on the costumed soldiers holding spears and animals.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): porcelain
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): jars
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): ginger jars
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): decoration (process)
- Coverage Date: 1522/1566~
Name: ARTsourceCode: UNTART
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Scholars Resource, Inc.
- Rights Statement: Copyright 2008, Scholars Resource, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Accession or Local Control No: Mcc-0014
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc7895