TableMaker: An ad hoc Query Tool for Relational Databases Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title TableMaker: An ad hoc Query Tool for Relational Databases
Author: Lushbough, CarolCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of South Dakota
Author: Duvick, JonCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Iowa State University
Author: Dong, QunfengCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas; Indiana University
Author: Jennewein, DouglasCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of South Dakota
Author: Reynoldson, JoeCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of South Dakota
Author: Brendel, VolkerCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Iowa State University
Name: CSREA PressPlace of Publication: [USA]
- Creation: 2008-07
- Content Description: This paper discusses an ad hoc query tool for relational databases. Most Web servers hosting biological data limit users to a defined set of search options and output formats that are short of the whole range of options available to users with direct database access. However, to make full use of the wealth of data in the database resource, it is desirable to have an intermediate solution that provides a broad range of flexible query and output options through a Web portal.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: ad hoc queries
- Keyword: relational databases
- Conference: International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOCOMP), 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc78297
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences