Unreviewed Disposal Question Evaluation: Subsidence Study for Non-Crushable Containers in Slit Trenches (U) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Unreviewed Disposal Question Evaluation: Subsidence Study for Non-Crushable Containers in Slit Trenches (U)
Author: THONG, HANGCreator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: US Department of Energy (United States)
Name: Savannah River Site (S.C.)Place of Publication: South CarolinaAdditional Info: Savannah River Site (United States)
- Creation: 2005-03-15
- Content Description: The Closure Plan for the E-Area low-level waste facility assumes that dynamic compaction performed at the end of the 100-year institutional control period will adequately stabilize all waste in Slit Trenches. However, some non-crushable waste containers with significant void space will not be stabilized by dynamic compaction. These non-crushable containers will gradually corrode, eventually collapse and cause the final closure cap to subside resulting in an increase of the infiltration rates. After subsidence occurs, the waste zone will be significantly reduced to concentrate waste in the lower portion of the slit trench, therefore increasing waste concentration. The trench subsidence may have an adverse impact on the 1000-year compliance specified in DOE Order 435.1. This study addresses the issue of trench subsidence, evaluates the resulting concentrations at the hypothetical 100-m well against those obtained based on the PA approach, and provides the maximum number of trenches that can subside without causing the well concentrations to be out of compliance.
- Physical Description: vp.
- Keyword: Compliance
- Keyword: Wastes
- Keyword: Closures
- STI Subject Categories: 12 Management Of Radioactive Wastes, And Non-Radioactive Wastes From Nuclear Facilities
- Keyword: Evaluation
- Keyword: Containers
- Other Information: PBD: 15 Mar 2005
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: WSRC-TR-2005-00104
- Grant Number: AC09-96SR18500
- DOI: 10.2172/840797
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 840797
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc782012