The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
Author: Sarata, Amanda K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Health Policy
Author: Feder, JodyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2015-08-06
- Content Description: This report provides background on genetic information, legal implications regarding the use of this information, and relevant laws. It also discusses the statutory provisions of GINA and the regulations regarding both health insurance and employment.
- Physical Description: 26 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Genetic research
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Science policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Human genetics policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Civil rights
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Discrimination
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Nondiscrimination provisions
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL34584
- Accession or Local Control No: RL34584_2015Aug06
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc770544