The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act: An Overview of Selected Issues Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act: An Overview of Selected Issues
Author: Bazan, Elizabeth B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2008-07-07
- Content Description: This report briefly outlines some of the perspectives reflected in the ongoing debate related to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) focusing on three issues: tension between national security and civil liberties, collection of foreign intelligence information from foreign persons, and limitations on liability for telecommunications providers furnishing aid to the government.
- Physical Description: 24 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Intelligence activities
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Intelligence services
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Electronic surveillance
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL34279
- Accession or Local Control No: RL34279_2008Jul07
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc770527