The Law of Church and State: Public Aid to Sectarian Schools Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Law of Church and State: Public Aid to Sectarian Schools
- Series Title 111th Congress
Author: Brougher, CynthiaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-02-05
- Content Description: This report gives a brief overview of the evolution of the U.S. Supreme Court's interpretation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment in regards to sectarian schools at all levels. It analyzes the categories of aid that have been addressed by the Court and also explains which categories have been held to be constitutionally permissible or impermissible, both at the elementary and secondary school level and at the college level. The report also briefly discusses H.R. 1 of the 111th Congress, economic stimulus legislation that includes provisions that would provide assistance to institutions of higher education for modernization, renovation, and repair of facilities.
- Physical Description: 11 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Education
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Church and state
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Elementary and secondary schools
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Religion
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40195
- Accession or Local Control No: R40195_2009Feb05
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc743536