Air Emission Inventory for the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - Calendar Year 1999 Emission Report Page: 8 of 188
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
1. The INTEC New Waste Calciner Facility was operational for 136 days. The 1999 AEI shows
increased emissions of NOX, CO, and nitric acid compared to 1998 when the Calciner operated for 122
2. For 1999 calculations for engines and boilers used emission factors found in the latest edition of
AP-42, Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors, EPA, 9/98 edition. This change has resulted in the
addition of metals, speciated organic compounds and various other organic compounds to the list of
emitted pollutants. Speciate factors were still used for some emissions in engines and boilers due to a
technical coordination oversight.
3. Coordination with other INEEL emission reports is an ongoing feature of the AEI. Difficulties
arise where specific emission reports meet various regulatory requirements. This is the case with the
EPCRA report. Considerable effort has been given to review these emission reports and coordinate
emissions estimates whenever possible.
4. The AEI does not include emissions of the following chemicals or sources: mobile equipment
(cars, buses), ozone depleting substances, landfarming VOC, sewage and sewage treatment, drinking
water (chlorine, demineralizer and ion exchange treatments) and emissions from Comprehensive
Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) activities. Detailed information on
sources that are not reported may be found in section "2.7 Exempt Insignificant Activities".
5. Small portable fuel burning equipment emissions are included in this emission report.
6. Landfill emissions are included in this years AEI.
7. Landfarming emissions of PM are included in the 1999 report. VOC emissions from
landfarming are not estimated for 1999.
8. Mobile equipment brought onto the INEEL by a subcontractors have their emissions reported in
this years inventory. This was a asphalt batch plant operated by Western Construction.
9. 1999 emissions are compared to 1998 emissions.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Zohner, S.K. Air Emission Inventory for the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - Calendar Year 1999 Emission Report, report, May 30, 2000; Idaho Falls, Idaho. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc739095/m1/8/: accessed May 20, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.