DESIGN OF AN IMPROVED ION CHAMBER FOR THE SNS. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title DESIGN OF AN IMPROVED ION CHAMBER FOR THE SNS.
Author: WITKOVER,R.L.Creator Type: Personal
Author: GASSNER,D.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: DOE/SC (United States)
Name: Brookhaven National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Upton, New YorkAdditional Info: Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, NY (United States)
- Creation: 2002-05-06
- Content Description: Ion chambers are in common use as beam loss monitors at many accelerators. A unit designed and used at FNAL and later at BNL was proposed for the SNS. Concerns about the ion collection times and low collection efficiency at high loss rates led to improvements to this unit and the design of an alternate chamber with better characteristics. Prototypes have been tested with pulsed beams. The design and test results for both detectors will be presented.
- Physical Description: 8 pages
- Keyword: Efficiency
- STI Subject Categories: 43 Particle Accelerators
- Keyword: Bnl
- Keyword: Design
- Keyword: Accelerators
- Keyword: Monitors
- Conference: 10TH BEAM INSTRUMENTATION WORKSHOP, BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY, UPTON, NY (US), 05/06/2002--05/09/2002
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: BNL--69185
- Grant Number: AC02-98CH10886
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 797114
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc733367