Reference Scenario for an Advanced Deuterium Power Plant System Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Reference Scenario for an Advanced Deuterium Power Plant System
Author: Sheffield, J.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: US Department of Energy (United States)
Name: Oak Ridge National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: TennesseeAdditional Info: Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States)
- Creation: 2001-09-17
- Content Description: The proposal is to make large deuterium (D-D) magnetic fusion power plants in which some (most) of the tritium produced by fusion is removed and stored. This tritium will ultimately decay to helium-3 that will be recycled to supplement the helium-3 produced by fusion. Thus the dominant fusion becomes that of deuterium and helium-3. The level of neutron damage is reduced very substantially from that for a D-T power plant.
- Physical Description: vp.
- Keyword: D-D Reactors
- Keyword: Materials Recovery
- STI Subject Categories: 70 Plasma Physics And Fusion Technology
- Keyword: Recycling
- Keyword: Helium 3
- Keyword: Tritium
- Keyword: Thermonuclear Power Plants
- Conference: 19th IEEE/NPSS Symposium on Fusion Engineering (SOFE), Atlantic City, NJ (US), 10/02/2001--10/05/2001
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: P01-111890
- Grant Number: AC05-00OR22725
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 788657
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc723736