PETSc and overture : lessons learned developing an interface between components. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title PETSc and overture : lessons learned developing an interface between components.
Author: Buschelman, K. R.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Gropp, W. D.Creator Type: Personal
Author: McInnes, L. C.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Smith, B. F.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: US Department of Energy (United States)
Name: Argonne National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: IllinoisAdditional Info: Argonne National Lab., IL (United States)
- Creation: 2000-11-20
- Content Description: We consider two software packages that interact with each other as components: Overture and PETSc. An interface between these two packages could be of tremendous value to application developers in that Overture provides a simple mechanism for generating the large, sparse systems of linear equations that correspond to discretizations of a PDE, and PETSc provides a powerful collection of methods for solving these systems. Two types of interfaces are discussed: the internal interface between components, and the external interface for the application developer. We compare three basic approaches to developing the internal interface between Overture and PETSc, the final one of which is a peer-to-peer model.
- Physical Description: vp.
- Keyword: Programming
- STI Subject Categories: 99 General And Miscellaneous//Mathematics, Computing, And Information Science
- Keyword: Computers
- Keyword: Interfaces
- Keyword: Ifip
- Keyword: Anl
- Conference: IFIP Software Architectures for Scientific Computing Applications, Ottawa, Ontario (CA), 10/02/2000--10/04/2000; Other Information: PBD: 20 Nov 2000; PBD: 20 Nov 2000
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: ANL/MCS/CP-103460
- Grant Number: W-31109-ENG-38
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 768629
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc721284