Health and safety plan for the removal action at the former YS-860 Firing Ranges, Oak Ridge Y-12 Plant, Oak Ridge, Tennessee Page: 13 of 52
This report is part of the collection entitled: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical Reports and was provided to Digital Library by the UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
* arranging for collection and analysis of air samples for Bechte[ ,acobs Company personnel or
for personal exposure modeling, when required;
" reporting of exposure monitorig results to employees and project management; and
* interpetation of federal, state, and installation regulations, standards, and orders.
2.3 BECHTEL JACOBS COMPANY RADIOLOGICAL CONTROL ORGANIZATION
In accordance whhi the Lmplementatian Plan for UJ.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Notice
548O.6 the Bechtel Jacobs Company Radiological Control Organization (RCO) will perfonn the
" conduct routine and special surveys of locations and operations associated with this project to
determine radiological conditions;
* verify area radiological classifications and maintain records of surveys;
- designate controlled and radiological areas and determine or enact appropriate controls;
" surey any potentially contaminated materials that leave the site;
* review and approve operating procedures, work plans, technical documents, HASP addenda,
field change orders, and Radiological Work Permits (RWPs) (if required) to ensure that the
radiological controls are appropriate to the operations;
" conduct on-site auditing for compliance with federal, state, and installation regulations,
standards, and orders;
* provide on-site monitoring of personnel or ensure instrumenlation is available for personnel to
" survey and tag/label materials being moved from radiological areas, collect and analyze air
samples and/or smears, and perfonu routine surveys to verify radiological conditions;
" provide personal dosimeters and analyze them upon return;
- report results of exposure monitoring, air sample analysis, smears, etc., to project management
and individual employees, when requested;
* ensure qnalified Radiological Contrl Technician (RCT) support is available for field work
whlen required; and
. interpret federal, state, and installation regulations, standards, and orders concerning radiation
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Health and safety plan for the removal action at the former YS-860 Firing Ranges, Oak Ridge Y-12 Plant, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, report, April 28, 1998; United States. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc711254/m1/13/: accessed April 19, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.