Instrumentation for Nuclear Applications Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Instrumentation for Nuclear Applications
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Energy Research (ER) (United States)
Name: National Institute of Standards and Technology (United States)Place of Publication: United States
- Creation: 1998-09-18
- Content Description: The objective of this project was to develop and coordinate nuclear instrumentation standards with resulting economies for the nuclear and radiation fields. There was particular emphasis on coordination and management of the Nuclear Instrument Module (NIM) System, U.S. activity involving the CAMAC international standard dataway system, the FASTBUS modular high-speed data acquisition and control system and processing and management of national nuclear instrumentation and detector standards, as well as a modest amount of assistance and consultation services to the Pollutant Characterization and Safety Research Division of the Office of Health and Environmental Research. The principal accomplishments were the development and maintenance of the NIM instrumentation system that is the predominant instrumentation system in the nuclear and radiation fields worldwide, the CAMAC digital interface system in coordination with the ESONE Committee of European Laboratories, the FASTBUS high-speed system and numerous national and international nuclear instrumentation standards.
- Physical Description: 6 p.
- Keyword: Radiation Detectors
- STI Subject Categories: 46 Instrumentation Related To Nuclear Science And Technology
- Keyword: Nuclear Instrument Modules
- Keyword: Control Systems
- Keyword: Data Acquisition Systems
- Keyword: Pollutants
- Other Information: PBD: 18 Sep 1998
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: DOE/ER/61535
- Grant Number: AI02-93ER61535
- DOI: 10.2172/6611
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 6611
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc710855
- Display Note: INIS; OSTI as DE00006611
- Display Note: Medium: P; Size: 6 pages