Shared research equipment at Oak Ridge National Laboratory Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shared research equipment at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Author: Evans, N.D.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Oak Ridge Inst. for Science and Education, TN (United States)
Author: Kenik, E.A.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Miller, M.K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States). Metals and Ceramics Div.
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Energy Research, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Oak Ridge National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: TennesseeAdditional Info: Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States)
- Creation: 1998-02-01
- Content Description: The Shared Research Equipment (SHaRE) User Facility and Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) provides microanalytical facilities for studies within the materials sciences. Available instrumentation includes advanced analytical electron microscopes, atom probe field ion microscopes, and nanoindentation facilities. Through SHaRE, researchers from US universities, industries, and government laboratories may collaborate with Facility scientists to perform research not possible at their home institutions. International collaborations are also possible. Most SHaRE projects seek correlations at the microscopic or atomic scale between structure and properties in a wide range of metallic, ceramic, and other structural materials. Typical research projects include studies of magnetic materials, advanced alloys, catalysts, semiconductor device materials, high Tc superconductors, and surface-modified polymers. Projects usually involve one or more external researchers visiting the SHaRE Facility for up to three weeks during the fiscal year (October 1--September 30). Project approval is based upon the scientific excellence and relevance of proposed collaborative research. Operating time is available without charge to researchers who intend to publish their results in the open literature. Additionally, proprietary research can be accomplished on either a full cost-recovery basis or by Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs). Analytical services (service microscopy) which can be purchased from commercial laboratories are not offered by SHaRE. Detailed information regarding the SHaRE User Facility, available instrumentation, travel support, faculty fellowships, and how users access these is available at http://www.ornl.gov/share.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: Research Programs
- STI Subject Categories: 42 Engineering Not Included In Other Categories
- Keyword: Materials Testing
- Keyword: Microanalysis
- Keyword: Ion Microscopy
- Keyword: Electron Microscopy
- STI Subject Categories: 36 Materials Science
- Keyword: Materials
- Keyword: Measuring Instruments
- Keyword: Laboratory Equipment
- Keyword: Ornl
- STI Subject Categories: 40 Chemistry
- Conference: Microscopy and microanalysis 1998, Atlanta, GA (United States), 12-16 Jul 1998
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE98005022
- Report No.: ORNL/CP--96512
- Report No.: CONF-980713--
- Grant Number: AC05-96OR22464;AC05-76OR00033
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 650362
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc704117
- Display Note: OSTI as DE98005022