Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
Designer: Beene, GeoffreyCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Beene, Geoffrey (b. Haynesville, Louisiana, USA, 1927 - d. New York, New York, USA, 2004)
Donor: Marcus, StanleyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1985~
- No Language
- Content Description: Dress of black net with white swirls. Short capped, raglan sleeves; bateau neckline. Swirls in shape of flowers at right shoulder. Knee length under layer; top layer 1" above under layer with slit from hem to chest on right side. Braiding around neckline extends across front and back left shoulder to form trailing ends to hemline. Slit pocket at right side seam of inner layer. Designer's label at center back neckline: "Geoffrey Beene / New York" Union label, "Dry Clean Only" and size "6" tags at bottom of interior pocket flap.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1985~
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1999.018.029
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc701403