A lattice formulation of chiral gauge theories Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A lattice formulation of chiral gauge theories
Author: Bodwin, G.T.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Argonne National Lab., IL (United States). High Energy Physics Div.
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Energy Research, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Argonne National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: IllinoisAdditional Info: Argonne National Lab., IL (United States)
- Creation: 1995-12-01
- Content Description: The authors present a method for formulating gauge theories of chiral fermions in lattice field theory. The method makes use of a Wilson mass to remove doublers. Gauge invariance is then restored by modifying the theory in two ways: the magnitude of the fermion determinant is replaced with the square root of the determinant for a fermion with vector-like couplings to the gauge field; a double limit is taken in which the lattice spacing associated with the fermion field is taken to zero before the lattice spacing associated with the gauge field. The method applies only to theories whose fermions are in an anomaly-free representation of the gauge group. They also present a related technique for computing matrix elements of operators involving fermion fields. Although the analyses of these methods are couched in weak-coupling perturbation theory, it is argued that computational prescriptions are gauge invariant in the presence of a nonperturbative gauge-field configuration.
- Physical Description: 68 p.
- Keyword: Wilson Loop
- Keyword: Coupling
- Keyword: Gauge Invariance
- Keyword: Lattice Field Theory
- Keyword: Perturbation Theory
- Keyword: Chiral Symmetry
- Keyword: Fermions
- STI Subject Categories: 66 Physics
- Other Information: PBD: Dec 1995
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE97007882
- Report No.: ANL-HEP-PR--95-59-Rev.
- Grant Number: W-31109-ENG-38
- DOI: 10.2172/515556
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 515556
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc693548
- Display Note: INIS; OSTI as DE97007882