National Geoscience Data Repository System: Phase III - Implementation and Operataion of the Repository. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title National Geoscience Data Repository System: Phase III - Implementation and Operataion of the Repository.
Sponsor: United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: American Geological Inst., Alexandria, VA (United States)Place of Publication: United States
- Creation: 1997-07-01
- Content Description: Activities during the second quarter dealt with the deployment of the NGDRS technological infrastructure (hardware, software and network components). Orders were placed for all major items (Sun servers and Xyplex 9000 data router). Sun servers are expected to be delivered during the week of July 21. Setting up of NGDRS continued with the development of the front-end pages for web site and with the development of software items that permit or facilitate the tasks of NGDRS users. Activity on Project Task 1. 0, the conversion and installation of electronic databases, continues at a slower pace until the basic Metadata Repository infrastructure is in place. The additional contacts established with PGS, BEG, Kansas Geological Survey (KGS), Oklahoma Geological Survey (OGS), and Minerals Management Service have led to good progress. A NGDRS project meeting was held on June 18 in Houston to review progress, discuss new targets and define new steps.
- Physical Description: 8 p.
- Keyword: Information Systems
- Keyword: Geology
- Keyword: Progress Report
- STI Subject Categories: 58 Geosciences
- Keyword: Computers
- Keyword: Geologic Surveys
- Keyword: Data
- Other Information: PBD: Jul 1997
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE98050338
- Report No.: DOE/BC/14847--T1
- Grant Number: FG22-97BC14847
- DOI: 10.2172/575167
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 575167
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc692524
- Display Note: OSTI as DE98050338