Ballet du Temple de la paix Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ballet du Temple de la paix
- Uniform Title Temple de la paix
Composer: Lully, Jean Baptiste, 1632-1687Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Quinault, Philippe, 1635-1688Creator Type: Personal
Name: C. BallardPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1685
- Physical Description: score (2 p.l., 216 p.) 39 cm.
- Content Description: The elements that make up the Jean-Baptiste Lully's Ballet du Temple de la Paix have some parallels to the plot of Roland, which premiered in the same year. Both celebrate the expanding influence of France and Louis XIV through the introduction of exotic characters. The flexibility of the ballet de cour format, which was more a progression of loosely related scenes and spectacles than an organized plot, allowed librettist Philippe Quinault more freedom in his elaboration of that theme.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Ballets -- Scores.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Jean-Baptiste Lully CollectionCode: JBLC
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1373221
- OCLC: 23032723
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, L 3049
- Other: LWV 69
- Call Number: M1520.L87 B3
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc69