Housing 2020: The future of wood in U.S. dwellings Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Housing 2020: The future of wood in U.S. dwellings
Author: Wendt, R.L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States). Energy Div.
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Oak Ridge National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: TennesseeAdditional Info: Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States)
- Creation: 1994-12-31
- Content Description: This paper presented at the International Panel and Engineered-Wood Technology Exposition examines the effect that reduced material resources, energy conservation, manufactured dwellings, and construction techniques have had on the use of wood in the housing industry. The topics of the paper include the impact of the energy crisis, financing and affordability crisis, lumber crisis, and a forecast of what the house of the year 2020 will look like, how it will be constructed and of what material will it be constructed.
- Physical Description: 8 p.
- Keyword: Building Materials
- Keyword: Residential Buildings
- Keyword: Forecasting
- Keyword: Economics
- Keyword: Historical Aspects
- Keyword: Resource Conservation
- Keyword: Energy Conservation
- STI Subject Categories: 32 Energy Conservation, Consumption, And Utilization
- Keyword: Construction
- Conference: International panel and engineered-wood technology exposition, Atlanta, GA (United States), 4-7 Oct 1994
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE95007026
- Report No.: CONF-9410310--1
- Grant Number: AC05-84OR21400
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 34372
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc688539
- Display Note: OSTI as DE95007026